1.31.2010

Rock Stars Have Kidnapped My Son.

Almost Famous is one of my all time faves. I'm infatuated with the cinematography, the fashion, the music, the actors and the stories. The background stories that went into creating the film are amazing too.
Featuring over 50 songs, the film's music budget was $3.5 million. Most music budgets for films are less than $1.5 million.

"This song explains why I'm leaving home to become a stewardess"

ugh. Billy Crudup is to die for.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool."
-Lester Bangs


At the party, when he is on acid, Russell Hammond cries out, "I am a golden god!" This is a reference to Robert Plant of the band Led Zeppelin, who is purported to have said the same thing (sober) while looking over Sunset Strip from a hotel balcony.


Penny Lane asks William if he'd like to go to Morocco with her. He says, "Yes... ask me again." According to director Cameron Crowe, "ask me again" was Patrick Fugit stepping out of character and asking Kate Hudson to repeat her lines for another take. But Crowe liked the take as-is and kept it in the final cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

grazie for your lovely comments!! xx.