I was so excited to be nominated for the Leibster award by Kelly at the darling Sparkles and Shoes this past weekend. The Leibster award is given from one blogger to another up and coming blogger that has less than 200 followers. THE MEANING: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. THE RULES: 1. Each person posts 11 things about themselves 2. Answer the questions the nominator made for you, and create 10 more questions for the blogs you nominate. 3. Choose nominations and link them to your post. 4. Go to their page and tell them.
My 11 Facts:
1. I voted early! I hope you did too, or are voting today!
3. I desperately want a tattoo (or 7), but I change my mind daily on what I want so I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
4. The last book I read was Steve Jobs biography, and it took me approximately 6 months. Oops!
5. Brunch is my favorite time of day.
6. I really wish I spoke Italian. Or French. Or both.
7. Shiny Happy People by R.E.M. is my guilty pleasure song.
8. I dye my hair a new color or shade at least 4 times a year.
9. My middle named is spelled Meaghann, the Irish way. It's kind of ridiculous.
10. I have a serious weakness for anything with truffle oil.
11. My aunt wrote letters to me the day I was born & the first day she met me as a baby. She described the days to me, wrote about what was going on with my family and in the world and gave me some stellar life advice. She kept them and sent them to me for my 25th birthday. It was, by far, the coolest present I've ever received.
10 Qs from Kelly:1. What is your favorite beauty product? Aquaphor! Or Nars Illumintor in Copacabana.
2. Gold or silver? Gold.
4. What is something you learned recently? I am constantly (attempting to) learn how to get around my new city, Chicago! It is WAY more complicated than NYC. Hello, 6 way intersections? Barely numbered streets? Come on, help a lady out.
5. Fall, Winter, Spring or Summer? Fall for sure.
6. What is your favorite cereal? Whole Foods vanilla almond granola. nomnomnom.
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go? Today, I think I'd hang with Clooney on Lake Como.
8. What pair of shoes do you wear the most? Converse or Banfi Zambrelli! ;)
9. What did you laugh about today? The ridiculous mass texts I have going with my hysterical, one of a kind friends.
10. What three things do you want to make sure you always carry with you? iPhone, ultra fine tip sharpies + a ridiculous amount of bobby pins.
10 Qs for Nominees:
1. If you could live in any era, when would it be? 2. What is your favorite kind of tea? 3. How did you come up with your blog name? 4. What is your favorite holiday? 5. What language do you wish you spoke? 6. Sweet or Savory? 7. If you could interview any past (or current) President, who would it be? 8. Favorite tumblr? 9. What is the most embarrassing song on your iPod? 10. Guilty pleasure TV show?
Albertina --> Mimosa Lane
Get it, ladies! xx
Get it, ladies! xx