9.27.2012

pfw ss13 favorite: balmain.

Confession: I reloaded style.com this morning approximately 20 times because they were instantly uploading this show. I can't help myself, the child of the 1980s in me loves a {mildly offensive} Balmain shoulder. I am also a big fan of Olivier Rousteing... and not just because he mentioned Titanic and Romeo & Juliet in his Into The Gloss interview. Or because he makes slouchy leather pants on a man look cool. It's because he had cultivated enough creative vision to be recognized and appointed the new creative director of Balmain when he was just 25. Twenty-five. Kind of makes you wonder what your doing with your life, eh? Since Christophe Decarin relaunched the brand after bankruptcy, the Balmain woman has been reinvented into a fun-loving, risk-taking, sassy french party girl, and this season was no exception. Lots of embellishments, optical illusion prints and those fancy long sleeved minis the brand is famous for. Merci, Olivier! 

7 comments:

  1. Love the black-white Collection! Looks amazing! :)
    follow new ,mind follow back please? :)

    Lovely Greetings from Austria ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the black and white designs!

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  3. Balmain was by far one of my favorite collections!! It was ridiculously amazing!!
    XO
    Christa Jayne
    fashionorfamine.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't paid atten to much FW coverage post NYC FW but now you've reminded me, I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the details on the pieces!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

grazie for your lovely comments!! xx.